Acoustic Revive RD-3 CD/SACD/DVD/BD Disc Demagnetizer

More Views

In stock

Excl. TAX: € 450.41 Incl. TAX: € 545.00

Quick Overview

  • Demagnetize your CD in tens of seconds
  • Improves all optical discs (sound as well as vision)
  • Successor of the classic Furutech RD-2
  • Excellent price performance ratio
  • Dimensions 198x160x56 mm


The classic demagnetizer - friendly priced

Firstly, it is thought that ferrous ingredients contained in the printing ink of the label side of the disc is one of the causes of discs becoming magnetized. For example, iron oxide is used for red, yellow or brown ink, cobalt is used for blue or green ink and nickel is used for silver ink. These materials, iron, cobalt and nickel, are called ferromagnetic substances, and they are relatively easy to magnetize.
Second, problems are caused by the aluminum used for the recording side of the CD. Currently, the JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) states that the purity of the aluminum used must be at least 99.0 %. The other 1 % contains ferromagnetic substance such as iron, nickel and cobalt. Aluminum is a weak magnetic material, so it is easily influenced by magnetism.
CD players contain magnetic substances, when a disc is played, the rotation of the mechanism, magnet and motor generates a flux which quickly causes discs to become magnetized.

Not only do magnetized discs deteriorate the performance of a system, but associated equipment such as magnetized cables, connectors etc have a harmful influence on the sound quality and picture quality too.
When an electric current flows through a cable, a magnetic field is generated. If the current stops, the magnetic field should disappear. However, due to magnetic substances contained in cable wires and connectors as impurities, the electric current magnetizes these substances, and this has a harmful influence on the signals or the flow of the current.

The multi-purpose audio demagnetizer RD-3 is a ground breaking appliance which can easily treat and completely demagnetize all kinds of optical discs (CD, DVD, etc). If you demagnetize your disc by using the RD-3, sound and picture quality will improve substantially and you will be able to hear aspects of the recording that were inaudible from magnetized discs.
RD-3 also has a remarkable effect on digital recording media such as CD-R and DVD-R. If a disc is demagnetized by using the RD-3 before recording, sound quality improves greatly regardless of the recording device or software. For this reason, the RD-3 is widely used in the mastering rooms of major recording studios.

It is well known that magnetism has a bad influence on the quality of sound and picture reproduction. You can use the RD-3 for demagnetizing a wide range of equipment, such as CD stabilizers, metal parts and accessories, speaker terminals and so on.

The RD-3 makes a further effect by combined use with our negative ion generator RIO-5II.

Customer Reviews

Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: Acoustic Revive RD-3 | CD/SACD/DVD/BD | Disc Demagnetizer