Purple is the new Orange!
By now it is fully clear to A/V enthusiasts that better fuses than the stock ones are simply a must to extract the best performance from all A/V equipment. If you are searching for what is maybe the best fuse available worldwide, this one is yours!
There is no other tweak or upgrade in this price range that has such an enormous impact as simply replacing your stock fuse with an Purple Fuse. It may seem a lot of money for a single fuse, but its value expressed in other upgrades easily comes close to up to a thousand Euros. That is why the price/performance ratio of the new Purple Fuse is simply unbeatable.
It may sound boring that every new fuse is the greatest leap in performance of all new generations of SR fuses, but there's no arguing: it is true... several experienced beta-testers confirmed the leap in performance from Orange to Purple is far more significant than the - already great - upgrade from Blue to Orange. This tells a lot about the effect the new Purple Fuse will have in your system. The new Purple Fuse surpasses the Orange Fuse with technology initially developed for the state-of-the-art SRX Series cables. This couldn't be achieved without the new, last-moment double breakthrough at Synergistic Research, where they developed a new three stage, long duration high voltage conditioning process, and on top of that, a new UEF compound featuring Graphene. Together, these new technologies create a larger soundstage with better image focus and higher resolution from a perceived lowering of the noise floor. Of all the fuse generations and refinements SR has pioneered over the past decade, the new Purple Fuses are by far the best sounding and indeed take the single greatest leap in performance over previous generations. All aspects of subjective sound quality get enhanced, including natural sound where instruments and vocals sound inherently right, dynamics, low-level detail, high-frequency extension, and smoothness all take a massive leap forward. Purple fuses offer a new level of dynamics and control, giving the impression of “effortless” reproduction of even the most demanding music.
In case there are several fuses in a single piece of equipment, our hint is: start with the primary (main) fuse. This one will carry all current drawn and is the most important one. Just like any other fuse, Purple Fuses are directional too! The "S" on the label of your Purple Fuse should be at the “hot” side of the fuse holder, as can be determined using a voltage detecting screwdriver. Remove the plug from the wall outlet and remove the primary fuse, re-insert the plug into the wall outlet and determine on which of the two contacts of the fuse holder the lamp in the screwdriver lights. However, only do this when this contact is easy to access and you understand what you are doing. In all other cases you should listen to the fuse inserted in both directions. One direction will sound more detailed with a more natural timbre. This is the correct way.
Brand new Purple Fuses tend to outperform fully broken in Orange Fuses. With Purple Fuses you can expect a mild burn-in during the first 200-300 hours. During this time you should experience a balancing of the soundstage with improved frequency linearity especially in the mid-range and high frequencies. While break-in time of especially the Black Fuse could be significant, the new Purple Fuse will beat a fully broken in Orange Fuse already, right out of the box. After just 24 hours it really starts to open up, and from that moment... things will only get better and better and better! The new Purple Fuse surpasses Synergistic Research's Orange Fuse with technology initially developed for the state-of-the-art SRX Series cables. More technocal details can be found on their website.
Purple Fuses are by far the best sounding and take the single greatest leap in performance over previous generations. All aspects of subjective sound quality get enhanced, including natural sound where instruments and vocals sound inherently right, dynamics, low-level detail, high-frequency extension, and smoothness all take a massive leap forward.
We’re so sure you’ll love what Purple Fuses do for your system, we sell them with a no questions asked, 30-day money back guarantee so you can audition Purple Fuses in your system risk-free. Then if you’re not 100 % satisfied with your system’s performance on Purple fuses, return the fuses to us in like new condition for a full refund.
World Premiere Review! Synergistic Research Ethernet Switch UEF, Foundation Ethernet Cable, Active Ground Block SE, And Purple Fuses Review. Speed dating into the world of streaming and beyond.... by Rick Becker @ enjoythemusic.com
"Two hundred bucks is a lot of money for a fuse, but it's a bargain for the musicality the Purple brings to your system, even if you have to buy a handful of them. If you're faint of heart, start with only one for your favorite front-end component. But maximum enjoyment will likely come when you run them from top to bottom. You might discover that you no longer feel the need to buy the much more expensive component you've been eyeing. And how many thousands of dollars would that save you?"
Synergistic Research Purple UEF Fuses by Alen Sircom @ Hi-Fi+ magazine
Synergistic Research Purple UEF Fuses by Alen Sircom @ Hi-Fi+ magazine
"The overall effect can be summed up in one word; ‘naturalness’. The sound just seems a little less ‘electronicky’ and a bit more ‘natural’ and ‘effortless’. Better yet, the more Purple UEF fuses you add to the system, the more it tends toward this effortlessy natural sound. Rhythmic elements in the sound just ‘pop’ into place a bit more with each fuse in the chain and swapping them back for anything else is a step in the wrong direction. There’s no going back!"
- Purple Clarity Review by Rudolf R. Ploeger from Callas-Audio.nl
- Did not yet try out reversing the SR fuses in its holder. Just too busy enjoying the Purple.. Went from Orange to Purple in the Concert ZL120FX and the Lampi GG-SE. And still have the Orange in the Aries Cerat Incito S. As usual a mix and match is very nice. There is more clarity overall with the Purple, it is like opening up the aperture on the camera lens, it is the same subject, same composition, just more natural light coming in.. Cannot possibly imagine how they achieve this at Synergistic USA. If any item or upgrade makes you want to listen all the time it is truly special. SR Purple is a little big item. (Posted on 7/21/2022)
- Incredible Improvement Review by Ronny
- Thank You for offering such a nice deal of buying 2 fuses and getting 1 for free too. These fuses have replaced the stock fuses of my PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant 12, the pair of ME Geithain RL901K and a linear power supply (built by Dr. G. Volk, Germany) of my LINN G-ADS 3 Katalyst (tuned by Dr. G. Volk, Germany). The improvements in voices, instruments and stage make them a real bargain. (Posted on 4/18/2022)
- super tweak! Review by Ron
- I never believed in fuse stories, but because serious tweakers like Kemp has been promoting them for over 10 years they convinced me. I can put up a long hosanna story about how great the result is, but I prefer to just advise you: DO IT! Everything gets better. (Posted on 3/11/2022)
- Purpel erster Vergleich Review by Andreas
Ich habe in meinen PSAudio P10 Perfectwave die bereits sehr gute Hifituning Supreme Silber/Gold ersetzt. Die Purple klingt von der Klangfarbe ähnlicher wie die Suprem S/G. Tolle Auflösung, Details, Basskontrolle . Die SR purple macht nur alles das richtig und ergänzt was bei der Hifituning kritisch betrachtet noch fehlte. Noch mehr Dynamik die erschrecken kann, Instrumente klingen noch realistischer. Gerade Blassinstrumente, Seiteninstrumente und Schlagzeug profitieren von der zusätzlichen Dynamik. Das Timbre ist großartig. Microdetails sind ausgeprägter und es klingt alles sehr echt und realistisch.
(Posted on 12/30/2021)
- Purple versus Orange Fuses Review by John van Polen
- Recently, I upgraded from SR Orange to SR Purple in my amplifiers (Classé CP-700 en CA-2300). The Purple is not a somewhat better Orange: it is distinctly different. The Orange yields an easy-going, warm-musical sound; the Purple is more about dynamics and precision. The noisefloor is even lower relative to the Orange; the sound becomes very clean indeed. Fast passages in a piece of music sound effortless. Far more musical relevant information can be heard. In short, the Purple is in a different league. However, the Purple is not for those intending to “soften” their sound somewhat. The Purple needs quite long breaking in; at first, the sound may appear somewhat "over the top" and slightly edgy. This will disappear completely. Orientation of the fuse is important: turn it around and you will know the correct one. (Posted on 12/3/2021)